Proactive and committed to success
Inspired by innovation and enterprise
High new business launch rate
- 2nd most dynamic region for the creation on new businesses
- 36,000 new businesses launched in 2007
- Annual increase of 4.2%
Inventive and innovative
- 3rd region in France for number of aplications in 2007
- 750 patent applications
- 3,800 trademark applications
- 11,300 design protection applications
Active business support via "pôle de compétitivité " clusters and "PRIDES" labeled organizations
- Solid regional participation in competitive business cluster initiative
- PRIDES (regional cluster for innovation) is a label launched to further support development
- 9 competitive business clusters representing more, than 500 companies.
- 26 PRIDES-labeled organizations supporting 2,600 companies and 130,000 jobs.
High labor productivity
A competitive workforce
- France 2nd most productive region in Europe
- PACA 2nd most productive region in France (based on ratio GDP/job), just behind the Ile-de-France region.
- Only 3.8% of total number of "days not worked" nationally
- Favorable environment for labor relations
- Dynamic collective bargaining with 6,000 agreements signed in 2008
- 70% of those who change jobs do so within the same company (strong employee loyalty)